Homeopathy Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
It is very common for the prostate gland in men to enlarge, especially after the age of 45. If left untreated the prostate gland can cause annoying symptoms of bladder-neck and urethral obstruction and may even result into complete urinary retention.
Homeopathy is a safe and natural alternative and plays a vital role in reducing the size of the prostate if administered timely.
This line of treatment can be taken alone when the symptoms are mild to moderate, and along with any other alternative treatment when the symptoms are severe. Homeopathic medicines have no side effects or contraindications and can benefit most individuals if started timely.
What is BPH
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a benign, adenomatous growth of prostate gland which is located at the neck of the bladder. A positive family history of BPH predisposes you to this condition.
Positive family history is usually present and someone in your immediate family will have or is probably suffering from Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
- The cause of BPH is not precisely understood and is believed to be due to aging and a decrease in levels of testosterone.
Most symptoms of BPH arise from obstruction to the neck of the bladder and the urethra. Intensity of symptoms depends on the severity of obstruction and not the size of the prostate. Incomplete evacuation of the bladder results into urine retention, causing an increase frequency of urination. Common symptoms are:
- Weak and interrupted stream
- Sudden urgency
- Post-void dribbling
- Sensation of incomplete bladder evacuation
- Incontinence after holding urine for long
- Increase frequency especially at night
Homeopathy is a safe and natural alternative and plays a vital role in reducing the size of the prostate if administered timely. Not all cases of BPH are treated at our centres and have strict treatment protocols as mentioned below:
HRD’s Homeopathic treatment is offered only to the following individuals:
- Individuals having no strong indication for surgery, ascertained by the severity of complaints and clinical examination by your physician
- Recently diagnosed cases or those with infrequent and/or mild to moderated symptoms
- Patients refusing surgery or cannot be operated on due to other medical conditions
Mild to moderate symptoms of urinary retention, increased frequency at night and a weak stream should strongly consider homeopathic treatment for duration of 4-6 months.
- Homeopathic remedies having anti-tumor properties are prescribed.
- The prescribed remedy helps in: reducing the size of the enlarged Prostate, counteracts infection in the urinary tract and improves sphincter control.
- The treatment outcome does depend on the extent of prostatic hypertrophy. Individuals experiencing mild symptoms with marginal hypertrophy experience greater relief as compared to chronic, advanced cases with severe retention.
Case of Benign prostatic enlargement - Mr. Asar (M1320), Age 65, Dt: 6/11
Mr. K. Asar approached Dr. Anish Vaknalli with his chief complaint of inability to pass urine due to prostate enlargement. A urinary catheter was inserted as his prostate had severely impeded the flow of urine. He was not a candidate for surgery due to his heart ailment. Previous attempts to remove the catheter always ended up in it being reinserted. The size of his prostate was 6x5.7x7.4 cm.
Dr. Anish had advised him to maintain the catheter for 1 month during which we would prescribe homeopathic medicines. After a month the catheter would be permanently removed and depending on his ability to pass urine we would decide whether he needs to reinsert the same.
There was an urgent need to reduce the size of the prostate and therefore was prescribed specific, anti-tumor remedies (homeopathic) which soften the prostate gland and help it shrink in size. Some remedies we find useful are Aurum Met, Aurum Iod, Chimaphila, Conium, Calcarea Fluor, Ferrum picricum, Silica, Sabal Serulata and Thuja.
On removing his catheter he was able to pass urine normally and till date (after 4 months) hasn’t had the need to be reinserted with the catheter.
Wish to Start Our Proven Treatment? Click here
For any further details or clarification do feel free to email us at email@example.com