Offering a safer, natural pain relief option for TN
TN (Trigeminal Neuralgia) also known as ‘tic douloureux’ is a pain that radiates along the trigeminal nerve and is considered as the most dreaded disease in medical practice. Individuals visiting us actually weep while describing their ailment and the suffering and distress bestowed by this disease is beyond ones imagination.
A sudden, recurring, stabbing or electric-shock like pain, radiating across the face, which lasts for a few seconds to a couple of minutes is enough to devastate ones life and make living a burden.
However, based on our clinical observations we strongly urge you to be
optimistic and encourage TN suffers to consider this treatment for its beneficial results.
Most individuals treated at our centres experienced:
- A significant reduction in the TN episodes with marked reduction in pain
- Long duration of TN-free period (over 3-6 months) could be achieved in
most patients during the course of the treatment
(Clinical projection of individuals treated beyond 12-15 months will be available on completion of our case studies)
- During the course of our Homeopathic treatment patients were requested to resort to
pain killers and other prescribed drugs only if the pain was unbearable
- Prescription drugs not having any beneficial results were asked to be stopped
- Most individuals treated were primarily taking the homeopathic medicines prescribed
- Individuals need not stop the medicines they are currently taking. Once our treatment
starts the need for those medications will automatically subside
- The treatment has no side effects or drug interactions and is safe with all other modes
(Note: Extent and nature of benefits of treatment varies among individuals and has been gathered from patients themselves & past clinical records)
What is TN?
TN (Trigeminal neuralgia) is a disorder of the 5th cranial nerve known as the trigeminal nerve. The nerve has 3 branches and pain can radiate, usually unilaterally, along any one or more branches.
The pain is usually sporadic and sudden. It is characterized by stabbing, electric-shock like pain of the face and may involve the jaws, lips, cheeks, nose, eyes and forehead. The pain may last for a few seconds to a couple of minutes. Milder expression of the disease results in a dull aching or burning pain with occasional electric-shock like pains.
Age: Usually after 50. Rarely affects children as well
Provoking factors: Slight breeze, brushing, shaving, chewing, applying makeup, dental fillings or procedures, light touch, etc
The cause of pain along the trigeminal nerve remains a mystery and numerous theories have been postulated. Some probable causes are:
- Disease or injury of the nerve
- Tumors causing pressure on the nerve and its origin
- Aneurism and improper cerebellar artery vasculature
- More than often it is idiopathic where the cause is unknown
- Diagnosis of TN is usually based on the presenting symptoms
- A neurological examination to rule out cranial nerve involvement may be performed
- An MRI to rule out tumors, aneurisms or any cause of pressure may also be conducted
- More than often no probable cause is found and the condition is termed as Idiopathic
When an individual with TN is treated a preliminary, thorough investigation into the cause and nature of the symptoms are noted. Different Homeopathic remedies are used depending on:
The side affected, nature of pain (burning, lightning etc), periodicity of pain, time of aggravation (daytime, night etc), aggravating causes (breeze, touch, stress etc) and all such related factors.
Wonderful results can be achieved when the right remedy in the right potency (power) and repetition is prescribed. Remedies used by us usually belong to the mineral and plant kingdom and are substances such as those derived from potassium, phosphorus, pinkroot and the great mullein.